Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site, including details of your visits, such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register on our site, sign up for our newsletter, make a request for information, or make a purchase or otherwise communicate with us (e.g., via customer service).
- Information we collect may include:your name, phone number, location, payment information, date of birth, last four digits of your social security number (for age verification purposes only) and e-mail address.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means as well as the content of those communications.
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- To improve our product offerings and customers’ and visitors’ online experience when visiting our site.
- To process purchases on the ecommerce website, to provide you with products or services you request from us through our site, to improve your overall experience with the site, for internal analytics purposes, to troubleshoot technical difficulties and errors, to notify you about changes to our site, for mandated legal notices, and in any other way we may describe to you at the time you provide the information.
If you have previously purchased goods or services from us, we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance, we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided, it can be withdrawn by you at any time by contacting our Help Desk.
Who We May Share Your Information With
- Third-party vendors, service providers, contractors and agents that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving advertisements, providing mailing services, providing financial services, web hosting, or providing analytic services. This sharing is only done so when those entities are performing functions solely on our behalf and they are not permitted to store such information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law;
- When you post content to any public area of our site, this information may be visible to the public and we may publish this information on our site along with some of your personal information such as your first name, last initial, and state of residence;
- With your consent, to third parties who may send you offers and information about products and services we think you may enjoy;
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
- Third parties as required by law or subpoena or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our Terms and Conditions or to protect the security or integrity of our site; and/or (c) to exercise, investigate, or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ET, our visitors, or others.
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
Please note: The products sold by us are highly regulated by various governing agencies. It may become necessary to share the information that we collect with such agencies to comply with laws, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal requests.
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
- The identity of any third-party company to which we have disclosed your personal information for that company’s direct marketing purpose on our site; and
- A description of the categories of personal information disclosed.
- Request and receive disclosure of our personal information collection practices during the prior 12 months, including the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of such information, our business purpose for collecting or sharing such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information;
- Request and receive a copy of the personal information we have collected about them during the prior 12 months;
- Request and receive disclosure of our information sharing practices during the prior 12 months, including a list of the categories of personal information sold with the category of third-party recipients and a list of the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose;
- Request that we not sell personal information about them; and
- Request that we delete (and direct our service providers to delete) their personal information subject to certain exceptions.
Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on Our Website
The Electric Tobacconist uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- to improve the website’s usability
- to administer this website
The Electric Tobacconist publishes Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behavior across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google’s Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser, your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Internet Explorer, you can adjust cookies tracking by clicking Tools > Internet > Options > Privacy > Block All Cookies
- In Firefox, you can adjust cookies tracking by clicking Tools > Options > Privacy
- In Chrome, you can adjust cookies tracking by clicking Settings > Advanced > Site Settings > Cookies
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.